Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me someone.:confused: This is my first post on the forum. I currently drive a laguna II 1.9dci 2002. I have noticed that recently on longish journeys when crusing at 75-70mph the glow plug warning light is coming on and inhibiting acceleration. When speed drops down to about 65 or so for a while the light goes of and full pull is restored. I'm just hoping there is an easy fix for this as I am taking my family to france in the car shortly and its a long journey from N.Ireland. Took car away to devon last year and had no problems, seems to be an intermittant fault.
Car has been great so far, had it a year.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
welcome to the forum. The glow plug light is also the engine management light. The ECU has detected a fault and put the car into limp mode restricting the revs.

Check these threads for more info:
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/laguna/12820-glow-plug-warning-light.html?highlight=glow+plug+warning+light

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/14508-megane-glow-plug-warning.html?highlight=glow+plug+warning+light

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/laguna/2788-renault-laguna-ii-phase-1-engines-glow-plug-warning-light-1-possible-solution.html?highlight=glow+plug+warning+light

Hope this gives you some idea of what you may face, but the main message is get a diagnostic check done at a dealer / auto electrician

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Cheers mate. I had a look round the forums and have seen a few different answers to my question. But the one thing that puzzles me is why this only happens when on long journeys and also how come it is very random in its occurance. I'd done the same journey the week before and nothing happened. Strange, I thought it could have been a loose connection somewhere. Relutant to take it to a dealer as the warranty just expired last week, although it had been in for a diagnostic check 1 month ago and they found multiple faults but could pin point the cause so they just reset the ecu. I think maybe they should do this fix for free as the original fault was never cured under warranty.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the car to dealers yesterday and was told that the egr valve will eventually need replacing. They are looking for £350 to replace it and one heater element. I think that I may just take the car ack to them and trade it in if this is the start of the problems. My only dilema is wether to just say nothing or tell them that it is on its way out. I had this problem 2 after we bought it and it went away and thought nothing of it, so obviously it has always been dodgy. Its already had one on before. Not sure what to do. Also finally got the service records, lots excuses there.... There were 5 pages to it since new of faults etc... They deserve some of their own medicine. Anyone think I should just trade in and say nowt.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts