Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thought I had a flat battery a couple of weeks ago. Used sons car for a couple of weeks and bought a battery charger. Battery now charged and there is absolutely no sign of life from the Laguna electrics. The car is insecure, but that's not a real problem, unless the thief knows how to fix the problem.

Does anyone know if there's a simple fix, before I contact my local mechanic?

Cheers

george

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi monty

It maybe worth checking the positive lead with a meter,not sure about the Laguna but the first fuse is a big one (100 amp i think) fitted in the positive. Never heard of it blowing but worth a try.

If it has blown there must be some serious short circuit.

Just a thought.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
No Electrics

Check the polarity of the battery - using a meter - and also what the voltage output is. If a really dead battery is charged the wrong way round it's polarity can be reversed. See if you can borrow another battery and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've checked the battery with a meter (not really sure if I was doing it right, but the needle moved when I connected to both terminals). Think tha battery is charged and connected properly.

I cannot find a 100A fuse in the box behoind the battery, but the fuses that are there look OK.

I think I'll have to get my local mechanic on to this one. Once its fixed its up for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts