Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum having recently bought a Laguna II. However i seem to be having a problem with a lack of air flow to the windscreen. The car has dual climate control and works blowing hot or cold depending on the setting. The fan increases in speed as it should and the pollen filter is A ok, but i cant seem to get the air flow to change direction, ie floor to screen, vents to floor etc etc, even though the display is indicating the direction it should be blowing. Can anyone please help its driving me mad, especially when it comes to de-misting the wind screen. Thank you, Luke

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Hello Luke and welcome to the forum :)

Could be a mixer / direction motor hidden in the depths of the dash at fault.

:eek:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi mate if its duel you can go in to the settings and you need to make sure you have selected the direction of the air flow

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Is it much of a job to get to the mixers and how do you get into the settings, id like to try that before ripping the dash apart. It is dual climate else. Hope you get chance to reply,
Cheers, Luke

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
dont know about the renault 1s but on the vauxhall you push the control button in and cycle down the menu till you see the flow settings just try holding in buttons till you get 1 that lets you in to the menu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Is it much of a job to get to the mixers and how do you get into the settings, id like to try that before ripping the dash apart. It is dual climate else. Hope you get chance to reply,
Cheers, Luke
Hi did you fix this issue. Got the same issue on the wifes grand scenic that i am trying to resolve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi,
i have had a quick look but it looks like a real nightmare of a job, so i haven't tackled it yet. sorry i cant help. luke

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
i had similar issues with mine over a year ago.
there are 2 motors on each side(i think)

the ones on the drivers side are hidden behind a large bolted on steel panel(13/15mm bolts). you can get this panel unbolted, but will have to take the speedo clocks out and dont expect to get away without shedding blood and flesh off your knuckles getting the motors replaced.

they are all held in place with 6.5mm hex head screws(just to be effin awkward(cheers reno:crazy:))
get a right angle socket adaptor or flexi-extension, maplins do them, invaluable in tight spaces.

when i did mine i did also unbolt the dash, but it wasnt really neccesary as i only needed to lift it up a few inches to check to see if the top flap wasnt busted.
(i did practice on a scrapped car and tore the dash apart to get to the aircon assembly, better to utterly destroy a scrapper thats already beyond repair than your own car learning how to do the job)
if your have to do the ones on the passenger side, you may have to take the dash half off to get past all the duckting for the aircon cooling unit and pollen filter housing, you will be going in via the glove compartment to reach the motors and it will be very tight.

in most cases the dealerships will remove the entire dash to do such repairs(and they will charge you the pleasure to do so!!!)

top right motor does whole screen/mid air vents, i think the lower right one does mid/lower vents.
the ones on the left should then do right/left flow controls.- (i think, as i didnt have to mess about with those.)

best of luck:d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts