Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lot of threads are about criticising renault.allways breaking down,this is broke or thats not working should i buy one or should i sell.

i have nothing but praise for mine.it is my first reno,iv'e had no major probs,everything works fine,good mpg,drives well,if i was asked if i would reccomend anyone buying one,i would say yes.

all makes have there probs or little niggles.if you neglect your motor then expect probs,if you do weekly checks regular servicing,devoloping faults fixed before finally breaking down you should have safe and enjoyable motoring

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Well if i drive efficiently and my car is at its best, i get 450 miles out of a tank of juice - which is the same as a friend gets out of an 07' diesel golf. Good going me thinks ;)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Good topic.

I never comment about my car's reliability (tempts fate), but what I like about my car is the level of comfort, space for 5 (plus luggage), equipment, safety, value for money, and a level of uniqueness unparalleled in the supermarket car park.

For such a heavy car, it has a very taut, responsive chassis, so its good on the twisty bits inbetween the long motorway sections.

The fuel economy is also excellent given the car's size and turn of speed.

If Renault had the [email protected] to still import it, I would strongly consider a newer one when I need to change this one.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I also appreciate the level of technology put into my 99' megane coupe. Electric windows in back and sunroof, not to mention electronic wing mirrors and trip computer. Even in some cars you buy today - these luxuries are in addition to the price of the car.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Good points - Renault Grande Espace Initiale

Loads of room -very comfortable. Brilliant motorway cruising - quiet and really appreciate cruise control. Climate control good fans not noisy - different experience to get rumblings under your feet. Panaramic sunroof simple to use - even like having the CD changer in the boot - haven't shown the kids how to use it (no doubt my son will work it out). Basically like all the toys - incl hands free crd and auto handbrake. Can't think of any options I would want added - other than front parking sensors and swiveling front seats (but can't have these with electric adjustement)

Every other car I have owned has tended to be entry level (nothing wrong with that), but this is the first model I have had that when you read the handbook most of it applies.

Again don't want to tempt fate, but I am sure my relationship with all the electrics will be a LOVE/HATE one.

Overall the style, individuality and practicality are the overiding factors when chosing this model.

I would reccomend this model to anyone - big family or not.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Well, as some of you may know, I purchased my RTi V6 on a '98 plate for £750.

For my money, I've got a very good level of comfort and all the gadgets I could ever need which include;
  • Talking Trip Computer
  • Cruise Control
  • Electric windows (inc sunroof) and mirrors
  • Automatic Climate Control/Air Conditioning (when I get the blower motor working);)
Also colour coded bumpers and mirrors, heat deflecting and tinted windshield, immaculate bodywork, alloy wheels and front fogs.

Safety wise it includes headrests all round, three point belts on all five seats and drivers, passenger and side airbags.

All this and the fact that the car goes like an absolute rocket and would outrun all but the very richest of boy racers for a measly £750. Can't be bad can it:d What other car with such high spec could you get for that price:confused:

Yes, of course it has some niggles, but they will all be ironed out eventually (I hope). This car, however, is a keeper and is worth the money it needs to get it tip top. Need I say more:moonie:

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Still like the song Scatz, Fortunately I've had very few problems with my Lag I Monaco, to date one drop link, rear shocks which I did myself and rear box on the exaust system as the prongy things that fit into the rubber hangers somehow became detached, also the micro switch on the drivers door is no longer active but apart from this no serious problems, we are off to France again at the end of June and I have every confidence in the old girl,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hi Stueball here,yes don't we all love our Renaults for all the faults we here about.I have a confession to make.Ours, (99 Laguna 1.8 Sport)is my wife's but I care for it and buy the few bits that it needs to keep it in pristine condition.Will that get me thrown out of the Forums?The good lady found it,I checked it and she paid for it,but I love driving it.It has a lot more "kit" than you would expect for the money.A very responsive engine (makes my Omega feel like a real cruiser)17"wheels,accurate steering and goes where you point it.Very comfortable and the main thing is the Boss really enjoys driving it.The last Renault we had in the family was my daughter's 1978 R5 which used to leave rust and paint flakes in its wake.Thats probably why the petrol consumption was so good-it got lighter as your drove along.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts