Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever had polish stains on plastic e.g bumpers, grills etc.

Put on the back to black and it goes away - but comes back when thats worn off.

Try rubbing the polish stain (may also work on T -cut) with a PENCIL ERASER

Worked on my grill louvres - they had these polish stains when I got the car - now gone.

Cheers

Nigel

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
This is a good little tip iam forever going onto my trim with polish i use Methylated Spirit for this but watch not to touch after market painted surfaces as it can lift the paint all the best Donald.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
You can't beat ARMOR ALL PROTECTORANT, from halfords.

A quick wipe and it removes polish stains from any trim and at the same time cleans protects and puts a shine on all plastic trim (inside and out) and any colour.

Also cleans and makes the tyres look good or any other rubber parts like the window surrounds.

Try it you will be amazed.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Ever had polish stains on plastic e.g bumpers, grills etc.

Put on the back to black and it goes away - but comes back when thats worn off.

Try rubbing the polish stain (may also work on T -cut) with a PENCIL ERASER

Worked on my grill louvres - they had these polish stains when I got the car - now gone.

Cheers

Nigel
I gave this a try today and it works a treat, Ideal if you do not wish to treat the whole trim for minor polish stains, it worked very well on my trim.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way - I also had some marks on one of the rear lenses - thought they were scuff marks - previously tried washing scubbing etc but always came back when dry.

Tried the pencil erasor - hey presto - immediatly dissapeared. Obviously I was fortunate that it was polish and not a scuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts