Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I (with my other half, and 19 month son) went to York at the weekend. It was our first stay at a group of hotels offering 3 night's stay for the price of 2 (unlimited buffet breakfast included). The website address is Innkeeper's Lodge - More than just a good nights sleep , and I must say that the family rooms were well-presented and equipped, plus a good size. Definitely would recommend to others, and will use again.
We also on the Saturday drove to Diggerland (near Castleford), a JCB-themed adventure park. It was £12.50 per adult (under 3's free), and although that seemed a bit pricey at first, that impression did not last long. Essentially, anyone over the age of 5 or above a certain height (it varies), can drive all manner of devices unaccompanied, and those that are too small/young can be passengers in the middle of all the action. It was a great day, as the queing was minimal, and there was no restriction on the amount of time you spent on each vehicle. I would advise you to bring your own food though, as the stalls aren't varied, and they are expensive.

Did a bit of pottering around on all the days, and all in all, a 630 mile round trip, cruise set mainly at 80mph and 39.2mpg average.

Just a few suggestions for those summer weekends.

Paul:)

Reactions: SportTourer

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Great link.
Good alternatives to Travel lodges,Travel Inns, Holiday Express etc.
Reasonably priced as well and includes the continental Breakfast.

Will remember to give them a try next time we go on a short break.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts