Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say goodbye to the forum and thanks for the help you gave when I needed it. I said goodbye to my Scenic today and bought a Ford Focus. The Scenic was beginning to drain the bank balance so made the decision to change.
:eek: :)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
just because you changed your car,it does't mean you have to leave the forum,a lot of the members have experience with most makes of vehicles, if you have any prob,s with your new motor help is always available,if you do say a final goodbye good luck. and safe trouble free motoring.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
exellant choice the focus,i had one for 2yrs(which is a long time for me)and it was completely trouble free and cheap to run.the only reason i got rid of it was because we had another nipper and just wernt big enough.
like 5th wheel says you dont need to leave the forum if you like it here
good luck with your new car

regards
nigel

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yep - we had a Fungus for 2 yrs - it was also trouble free and a great car. I am going to seriously look at the Fungus estates when we come to trade the Lag in a couple of yrs!

We sold ours because our daughter was too small to see out of the windows (even in a car seat) and she kept getting car sick. Bought a pile of [email protected] called a Picasso, she loved it because she could see, we hated it because it knew the way to the dealers all by itself! ( it wasn't actually a bad car when everything was working ok - although the fuel gauge never worked properly).

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Annlinda,

I also had a Focus 1.6 3dr from new for 25000 trouble free miles, I really liked the Focus It was a very good driver.

You do not have to leave the Forums stay and share your experiances with the Forum.

Happy motoring with your Focus.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi good luck with the Focus my brother drives one nice car but do not feel you have to leave the forum well all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Oh dear,I'm another one to agree that the Focus is a fine car.:eek:

Stick around and let us know how Ford ownership compares with owning a Renault.:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Just wanted to say goodbye to the forum and thanks for the help you gave when I needed it. I said goodbye to my Scenic today and bought a Ford Focus. The Scenic was beginning to drain the bank balance so made the decision to change.
:eek: :)

You will miss the flexibility of the Scenic and the cubby holes, Also the Focus is not good on fuel ( if any ford is ) the diesel is very good tho it can take a while to get heat in the morn's try and get one with the heated front screen, But I liked my Focus as I said 25000 miles from new in 13 mnoths and no problems.

Stay on the Forums and let us know how you find your Focus, It's good to have comparisons.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Hi ,

I borrowed a focus estate last year when my laguna was out of action , it towed my camper ok but i missed the comfort and the extras of the renault , not knocking it as it drove well. Good luck with your new car mate . :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Just because you don't drive a Renault any more shouldn't stop you posting - look at Selwonk - he drives a Rover thingy! err sorry MG!!!!:)

Good luck with the Ford by the way!

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
We got approx 42mpg from the 1.6 petrol which I didn't think was too bad at all.
i agree sportTourer.mine was the 1.8 diesal,god knows what its mpg was(it didnt have the trip comp)but i was never at the filling station as much as my current renault or my last

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Will let you all know how it is going. So far OK. Its a late 2005 1.6LX automatic. Beautiful metalic blue. I do like the steering so positve. The cubby holes in the scenic are useful but when cleared them out I found a rotten apple I had forgotten about.:rofl: Thanks for all your good wishes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts