Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a complete leather interior for me laguna. (front seats back seats and door cards) i paid £100 for it in very decent nick. Was this a good buy?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Sounds a good purchase, I presume that things like wiring for electric seats/airbags etc are compatible?

Would recommend that you change the seats before the door cards so to minimise any risk of damage to the cards when hefting the seats out.

I'd be inclinded to set aside at least half a day to do this conversion.

All the best,

Paul:)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Well....I did once take the seats out of my Dad's Corolla to fit sound deadening under the carpets (he didn't notice most of the scuffs).....

All water under the bridge now!

Paul:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, too late, already got the door cards in, got it off good old E-bay, there was a chap breaking one and i offered him £100 for the leather, he took it out and i came and fetched it.
But now where are the other 2 seat bolts(middle of car) found the 2 on the outside but cant seem to find the middle 2 (both seats)
They are manually adjustable seats so no wiring at all :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh, too late, already got the door cards in, got it off good old E-bay, there was a chap breaking one and i offered him £100 for the leather, he took it out and i came and fetched it.
But now where are the other 2 seat bolts(middle of car) found the 2 on the outside but cant seem to find the middle 2 (both seats)
They are manually adjustable seats so no wiring at all :)
The two middle ones are a little tricky but still do-able, you'll find them lurking behind the heat shield on the transmission tunnel hth:cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i take it, it would be easier on a ramp then? or just use the provided 'death' jack in the boot? why do the french have to be different/awkward?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i take it, it would be easier on a ramp then? or just use the provided 'death' jack in the boot? why do the french have to be different/awkward?
if you're of slim build:d and got long arms you can just about squeeze under to reach them, that's how i did it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hence why i call em the 'death' jack. Well i'm 6ft 1 and fairly lean:d so i'll have a good look soon. need to get em in, by the way, i''ll have a complete cloth interior in very good condition if anyone want's it, no tears or fag burns just a little grubby from getting in and out in me overalls (shouldn't i know) once in a while. Ill let em go for nowt to anyone on here, ill try and post some pics up soon.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'd definately like to see pics of the leather interior.:).There aren't many Lag 1's around with it in so you were very lucky to find one.:)

Just one thing though,I suspect that your Lag has an airbag,so you'll have to disconnect the seatbelt pre-tensioners before removing the old seats.Make sure the new seats come with pre-tensioners and that the wiring matches the old ones otherwise you'll have the airbag light on constantly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know what, i haven't looked at that.:eek: oh well if it doesn't match up i'll take the bulb out of the dash, lol, every car i've had hasn't had an air bag and i crashed the fastest one. (me mr2 turbo) wrong attitude i know, lol.:) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts