Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have had issues with my satnav since disconnecting the battery - red satellite and inaccurate clock display. After reading some former postes here, I feel it is plain to see the GPS Antenna may be at fault.

I have two questions -

1. - Where do I get an aftermarket antenna from? (the magnetic type I read of sounds good to me!) I have looked on ebay, but I'm not clear on connector etc. Could someone give me a hyperlink?

2. - Where in the boot space does the current antenna connect? This is obviously where I wish to connect the new antenna as I hear there is a connector somewhere there.

Your help would be very much appreciated as I'm rubbish at map reading! :crazy:

- J

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
Hi mate you can get a g.p.s magnetic mount ariel from www.t-era.co.uk.the one you want is G.PS ANT,Blaupunkt,vw,bmw,ford.audi connector smb.price is £13-75p just pull out the connection in rear of c.d reader (access can be easy pull down cover under golve box velcro fixed and look up under you will see the small black ariel wire going into the unit) and replace it with new ariel(be careful the wires are fragile) ther wire that comes with it is 5 meters long so you can put it where you like ,i ran mine along passenger sidebetween carpet and plastic trim through to the rear gently pulled head lining down and placed the magmount on my hand and popped it in between the roof lining and the underside of the roof just behind the original shark fin,,been working perfect now for 3 years..google this too.. matra sport dk cars espace vault 3729A...ITS CARMINAT TROUBLE SHOOTING PDF FILE HELPED ME OUT A LOT..GOOD LUCK..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate you can get a g.p.s magnetic mount ariel from www.t-era.co.uk.the one you want is G.PS ANT,Blaupunkt,vw,bmw,ford.audi connector smb.price is £13-75p just pull out the connection in rear of c.d reader (access can be easy pull down cover under golve box velcro fixed and look up under you will see the small black ariel wire going into the unit) and replace it with new ariel(be careful the wires are fragile) ther wire that comes with it is 5 meters long so you can put it where you like ,i ran mine along passenger sidebetween carpet and plastic trim through to the rear gently pulled head lining down and placed the magmount on my hand and popped it in between the roof lining and the underside of the roof just behind the original shark fin,,been working perfect now for 3 years..google this too.. matra sport dk cars espace vault 3729A...ITS CARMINAT TROUBLE SHOOTING PDF FILE HELPED ME OUT A LOT..GOOD LUCK..

Fantastic info, Very much appreciated excavator.

- Justin

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
Hi Madnoel ,i don't know weather it is or not ,but it was sent to me via this forum a good while ago by a respected member,its helped me out of quite a few problems,so i just passed it on hopeing to do the same for others...:d:confused::d

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Hi Madnoel ,i don't know weather it is or not ,but it was sent to me via this forum a good while ago by a respected member,its helped me out of quite a few problems,so i just passed it on hopeing to do the same for others...:d:confused::d
I appreciate you are only too willing to help.

My concern is purely related to the protection of the forum and the administrators.:)

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
We have no control on what’s posted elsewhere on the net, its only copyright material distributed via the forum that can cause a problem.
As guidance for all members regarding the interpretation of the forum rules.

Is it OK for members to post up information on where to find information which is copyright?

But members are not permitted to post documents or files or direct links to copyright material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.