Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've got a 2007 espace, with the built-in carminat navigation system, this has Bluetooth handsfree, and a six cd multi changer in the glovebox, and the DVD navigation in the lower passenger glovebox.

The CD player doesn't load or eject, and after taking a quick look inside the changer and there are no CD's stuck. I know the built-in Bluetooth system doesn't support A2DP (I assume this is in part due to the age of the system.)

Is there a way that i might be able to get a "line-in" on this system at all so that I can play music from my phone? I've had a look round the usual suspects (eBay gumtree, google) for a replacement head unit, but haven't found any with the same model number, the only one's I've come across are completed listings and they sold for around £200. The FM reception on this is patchy at best, so ideally i want to be able to connect my mp3 player and use that, but retain handsfree/satnav functions. is anyone able to point me in the right direction at all, please?

My head unit model numbers are as follows:

8200 411 128
Model Number: PN-2806W-A
Clarion Co. Ltd
Part Number 286-6778-03

Many Many Thanks

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,329 Posts
No one will know the part numbers just what it looks like,,
can you post some pictures..

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, sorry. I've since found one online (RenParts), and it should be with me by Friday.

With regards to the line-in functionality, I have the "tuner-list" not the update stereo as far as I can tell (from the placement of the connectors at the back) so didn't hold much confidence that I could set up a line in.

With this guide however, I managed it. http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/17-electronics/57940-guide-laguna-ii-initiale-ph2-cabasse-ipod-aux-input.html

The actual amplifier (headunit/tuner) that has the iso connectors, can be found under the right-hand side "cubby flap" the connectors are a little difficult to get to but is well worth it. The cable cost me £5 from amazon, (a couple of the pins needed to be moved on the yellow plug) but it was pretty simple.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Renparts ended up not having one of these, and after a couple of weeks of chasing I managed to get a refund.

Still trying to source a replacement multichanger at the moment, but also trying to figure out why my FM reception is so bad.
I believe the FM antenna is in the rear quarter window, is there an antenna amplifier for these, or is it just poor positioning by Renault?

Thanks.

Karl

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the FM Amplifier, all the connectors look good.
I've also managed to track down another HU.

Once I've swapped that out, I'll take another look at the connections each end, and then maybe replace the Antenna amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts