Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions why? This, together with a "Self Levelling headlamp" warning light remaining lit when keys out of ignition 24/7 may explain why I had a flat battery after 3 weeks away on holiday recently!
At night when car is locked the PRND321 display above the steering column on the dash remains lit up ALL the time. Likewise also with the warning light with a picture of a headlamp and an up arrow and down arrow above and below it (far RHS of main instrument panel)??
BTW the car apparently doesn't have the self levelling suspension according to my local indepentent Renault chap.

Any suggestions to solution gratefully received.

Chris

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If you have Xenon headlights,then they will be self levelling.Sensors on the front and rear suspension are used to keep the headlamps level and prevent the bright lights dazzling other road users.The suspension isn't self levelling,the lights have motors in the back of them that adjust the beam height.

It is a strange fault,and one that I've not come accross before,but it sounds like an earth or wiring fault somewhere.......I'm not sure where to start looking though.:(

Hopefully someone else with more relevant information can help out.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. I don't think I have gas discharge/xenon bulbs. They look like normal ones to me. I know others who have them on "the race" model and they are fairly obvious. Mine look normal off-white colour when on as opposed to the blue look.
With this in mind having just looked in the owners manual fuses section I note there is a fuse specifically for "gas discharge bulbs" with the same symbol as the problematic warning light. So I've pulled out the 7.5amp fuse to see what difference it makes.
Guess what? The warning light has gone out and it also cured the problem of the PRND321 display remaining lit. I then started the engine and everything appears fine. Check control came back with Ok. Headlamps still work fine. Turned ignition off again and no warning light and no gear selector display light remaining lit. So maybe I've fixed it! Perhaps because the lights aren't gas discharge jobs the fuse shouldn't be there - maybe no self levelling system hence putting the fuse in triggered the fault warning light. All I need to do now is check the manual 3 position headlamp adjustment dial still makes the lamps move up and down - will do that later when some else can watch the front to see if they move. Will give an update later.

Fingers crossed! :)

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update - The lamp bulb holder/reflector thingy on the main headlamp bulbs moves up and down when you change the switch position on the dash so looks like its fixed!
Further - checked the headlamps in the dark against a wall and everything works fine so it was definately the fuse being in there in the first place that caused the problem.
ALL FIXED :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts