Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Grand Modus 1.5dci
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the above mentioned vehicle . Garaged from new. Now on 35,000 miles.
failed not last September on a broken front coil spring. While in the workshop, I decided it was near enough to the time limit for the cam belt and associated parts to be changed.
So, new Gates cam belt,water pump and tensioner fitted, as used by Renault garage on last change. Also fitted were the auxiliaries belt and tensioner ( genuine Renault) .
Changed both front springs as a matter of course. Everything back together at last five days ago.
Car started first time , idled perfectly for about 15 minutes then spluttered and died. Absolute pig to restart , but did, and would only keep running above 2000RPM. Otherwise it just died.
OBD11 showed common rail fuel pressure sensor to be the culprit . Therefore I purchased a genuine Delphi sensor and duly fitted it. I now find that the car is totally dead when I go to the start position on the ignition . The dash binnacle all works, still showing “injection fault” but the OBD11 says no codes found .
key fobs both have a new battery . Car has brand new Varta battery ( last week)
Rang Renault garage, they said bring it in, they’ll clip scan it , but may run to 100s of pounds trying to find the problem.
This car was running perfectly up to and following the work I carried out, then just died.
fuel lines and filters are spotless and all new filters fitted.
Any help would be gratefully received .
Thanks.

·
Registered
Renault Grand Modus 1.5dci
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this online too, but it didnt work for me. may work for someone though.

After flat battery you find immobiliser has stopped car runnning just open all doors and turn ignition on and leave for ten minutes...... thus, my car now works!!! I reckon those guys would make a mint out of this very minor fault saying they have to recode keys etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts