Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and girls and whoever you are.

I think I am posting this in the wrong place so I might get shouted at, but I wonder if I can pick your brains.

My mom has a grand modus, 11 plate, not to shabby of a car, but every time she turns left there is a knocking noise for which I have heard, and when she's accelerates away in 2nd gear, there is a violent shaking of the steering wheel I have took it to my local garage, and they can't here the noise, it's driving me mad, there is no loss in braking power, or steering, or power, what there is of the 1.5 DCI engine, garage has done a repair on the drivers wheel in January(where the noise is), replacing a rubber on the suspension mounting and a brake slide which cost me £130, but...it's still noisy as hell, and now the garage is fobbing me off left, right and centre, and I am trying to avoid main dealership.

I would appreciate some ideas and please don't make them too complicated.

regards

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
....................................................there is a knocking noise for which I have heard, and when she's accelerates away in 2nd gear, there is a violent shaking of the steering wheel.........................................
Surely then you MUST be able to demonstrate those to any half decent mechanic?

Are you saying, with the both of you in the vehicle and you driving, you are unable to either demonstrate the problem or get the mechanic to acknowledge that he can see/experience the problem as you demonstrate and describe it while driving?

Any particular reason my post got deleted here twice now?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,752 Posts
Have the garage taken it out for a test drive?
Have you taken them out so you can point out exactly when the symptoms occur?
Mind you, if you feel they are genuinely fobbing you off, try a different garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surely then you MUST be able to demonstrate those to any half decent mechanic?

Are you saying, with the both of you in the vehicle and you driving, you are unable to either demonstrate the problem or get the mechanic to acknowledge that he can see/experience the problem as you demonstrate and describe it while driving?

Any particular reason my post got deleted here twice now?
Firstly thank you mods for approving my post, fine that you edited my post, as I don't use forums much and just what says what comes into my head, and thanks for all those have replied.

Yeah I have demonstrated about the 2nd gear thing (despite me saying happens when I turned left, and he did right turns) when I took control, I showed he exactly what I meant, and he said "that's weird" and didn't say nothing later lol, he is normally very good mechanic, he did wonders with my Jaguar S type and we all know how much of a pain in the **** they are. And what I meant by fobbing me off, is I booked the car in at 11am, took the car at 10am, then said "can't fit you in as it's a all day job and I got to much" (despite me bringing in a hour early but hey) come back next week, I work with computer's I have all the mechanical knowledge of a wet lettuce so I take it to the local garage.

Oh and regarding other garages, there are like 5 round my area, including a Renault dealer, I went to 4 of them for my other cars and they made such a hash of something stupid, for instance, I remember having the oil and filter changed on my golf, and they "forgot" to put oil in, (when questioned why the oil light was on) one garage didn't even recognise what the car was and say "we don't deal with imports". So it's quite hit and miss here :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts