Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope someone can help I have 2007 grand scenic 1.6 petrol I have a general power loss difficult to go up hills and top speed around 80mph the engine squeals when starting I am getting around 26mpg have changed air filters and spark plugs.(no engine ware shown on plugs) There is no warning light on dash and replaced brake pads due to slight squeal but no binding

Also when comeing off gas slight sucking can be heard along with ticking when running was thinking misfire but no lights anyone any ideas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes they were the third one had slightly more carbon build up than the rest but it's gap was a lot larger

Can't remember what colour they were just general white ngk ones confirmed the ones already in were the correct ones for the vehicle also noted slight oil around the same number 3. Cleaned it up but not comeing back

One theory is suggested by a friend is fault with coil and misfire but not sure no general shaking a no lights showing just forgot to say milage us at 56k

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done a bit of research possible dephaser pully failing sounds match with the some YouTube videos just watched one question I have with the proximity to timing belt would there be any issues running the car for a few weeks until got it fixed

·
Super Moderator
13,661 Posts
They rattle on for ages, rather like me.
Sucking is normal, our K4M does that, worried me when we first got ours. Ticking could be anything, probably Dephaser though.
Coils are funny, don't usually throw up a Fault light. I always carry a spare. Worth also cleaning the TDC sensor.
If you feel confident enough to DIY on any of these jobs, the expertise is here, all been sorted eventually.
Need a few special tools to do a Dephaser though.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks will need it found a pdf or how to fit the new dephaser on new thread got to the bit jack up the engine and thought beyond my skills got mates rate of garage near me new dephaser timing belt water pump for 360 Inc labour and parts :D I am going to order some new coils as well just in case thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts