Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!
Having just got back from my first experience if a dealer service on my first Renault i'm after a little advice.
I paid for an air con service to be told that there is a problem with the pressure switch and that they were sure it was this after doing continuity testing on all the associated wiring etc.
I have read several post concerning air con on this model and wondered if anyone could offer advise on the following questions.
  1. I've been quoted £120 to replace the part but have read of folks getting them for as little as £30. I have the part number but can anyone recommend a way to get hold of one?
  2. Is there anyone who can offer advise on how to replace the switch? As i understand it i can find it under the front on the engine behind the bumper attached to a valve that enable the switch to be removed and replaced without loss of gas.
Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Oh, excellent forum by the way!:d

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Try looking for a Air Conditioning Pressure Switch Sensor RENAULT on ebay.

I suspect the biggest part of the price quoted is down to labour due to bumper removal etc.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great advice, thanks for the rapid response

The dealer provided a parts number which was matched by the number given on the sellers page on ebay.

Now point number 2. The seller gives a few instuctions but they are a bit basic. Can anyone give any more details guidance?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
you need to remove the bumper. 3 10mm bolts underneath. 2 torx20/7mm bolts under wheel arches. then the twisty black clips on top of bumper and a few torx screws there too. unclip bumper from top. with a lil gentle persuasion it'll all come off at once. unclip fog lights and look at bottom left of air con condensor. the switch is there. its a 14mm fitting and will not leak refrigerent. lube your new seal with a touch of engine oil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:d:d:d:d:d:d
How good is that then? Thanks so much to both of you!
£30 for a switch from ebay and instructions that i think will take me about an hour tops to sort.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:d:d:d:d:d:d
How good is that then? Thanks so much to both of you!
£30 for a switch from ebay and instructions that i think will take me about an hour tops to sort.
Part delivered today, looks shiny and new, it's even printed with the part code and renault on it.....i know, i'm easily impressed.

I shall let you all know how easy it was and see if i can remember to attach some photos for reference of other members.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent guide to removing the bumper of a Scenic II here including pictures!

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85760
Sorted, Bumper removal was simple using the above guide. As previously stated the sensor is on the left of the radiator and neede dto be unplugged, unscrewed with a spanner and the new unit put in it's place.
Interestingly, and i'm no expert but even i could see the new unit was of much better quality than the original. More alumiunium and lest plastic.
I now have nice cold air just and the weather decides to do the same!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts