Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure if this should be in the 'ask the expert' part, but I'll dump it here, I'm sure it'll get moved if needed.

The week before last, after many years of steering clear of Renault, I took the plunge and bought a Grand Scenic 1/5 DCI Dyn Tomtom.
I'd mainly avoided them because I'd had problems years ago with a couple of Renaults, and had had 10 years of maintanance, trouble, and cost free Focus/Fiesta ownership, so hadn't needed to shop around.
My brother in law convinced me that Renault had cleaned their act up, he's a tech for them, and has owned a few, without probs.
I am impressed with the tacile quality of the car, the inside is far better than they used to be, although if I get overvcritical I notice bits - the roof lining is not pushed into the door rubber properly near the drivers head, the lumbar adjuster is a bit loose - this car has only done 7000 and is as new inside - these are things that just did not happen with the Fords.
But it drives really well, and the engine is lovely - I hope it lasts!

A couple of things to ask -

1) The 'low battery' warning comes on the display - I initially thought I would report it, as it had probably been hanging around a while, and started and re-started without moving, but I've just made a 2 hour, mainly motorway journey to Wales, and it's still happening infrequently.
2) The Tomtom will not let me purchase anything, new maps, voices, etc. I've emailed them, and not got anything back in 6 days - anyone got any experience on this?
3) I wish the TFT screen would do better graphics than the 6 it done (greedy eh! - it just seems an easy thing to be able to do!) Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Booked the car in today to get this checked out.

The sales people say they will get the lumbar adjuster from another car - aparently they do come off on Meganes, but he hadn't heard of it happening on a Scenic.

Ahh well...I think I might have to get used to this kind of thing - I had a 306 where the lumbar adjuster broke first - that went on to have three cylinder heads and two new rear window winding mechanisms.
I hope I don't end up with plastic on the seats every morning I go to it :( I'm looking at my focus with renewed passion.

On the plus side, the service people were really nice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.