Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Service position, wipers are virtually touching the Sides of the windscreen as in straight up..
The multi plugs are the plugs that go on the motors, but wiper arm and the piece of plastic covering the wiper arms need to be taken off
Can I pick your brain on this too.
My 2011 grand scenic has started to have wiper problems. The passenger side sometimes gets stuck in the upright position. When I stop the car and then restart it after a while, it will go back to the normal position and can work away perfect for a week again. At the same time, the larger driver's side wiper will only work at 1 speed when the passenger side wiper is stuck upright.

Any ideas? Is it a case of doing the reset as you detailed above?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok guys sorry for late reply I was working away and only just got around to doing the procedure that ours2012 sent me, I can report back now that all is well and the procedure was spot on both wipers now working..

thanks for you help guys Flack :smile2:
Hi , I have a same problem with my wipers (scenic3) it's driving me nuts , can you please help ? I.did not understand properly how to initialize the wipers to work properly? Your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi can someone help please I have a renault grand scenic 2010 m1, my window wipers stopped working last week but then worked again, now stopped altogether again the passenger one sometimes works but the drivers doesn't at all,
1.does anyone know where the fuses are
2.does anyone know where the relay is
3.ive done the inialize thing but not worked
4. Should I just buy new motors
Please someone help?

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,019 Posts
Hi can someone help please I have a renault grand scenic 2010 m1, my window wipers stopped working last week but then worked again, now stopped altogether again the passenger one sometimes works but the drivers doesn't at all,
1.does anyone know where the fuses are
2.does anyone know where the relay is
3.ive done the inialize thing but not worked
4. Should I just buy new motors
Please someone help?
Have you tried the initialisation procedure?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi , you need 2 change one of your motor as when one of them is gone it affect the other one and cause the problem of synchronisation .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried following Stuart's instructions?

To initialise wiper motor, with ignition on, turn wiper stalk from 0 to 1 then 1 to 0, turn ignition off,,,
Now disconnect multi plug .....
Dont put the wiper arms on, as your initial settings will be different.
Reconnect your multiplug .
To initialise wiper motor, with ignition on, turn wiper stalk from 0 to 1 then 1 to 0, turn ignition off,,,
Now turn ignition on, and pull the stalk down, this will put the wiper motor in service position ( where you put it to change the blades) , in this position, now put your wiper arm on,.
Once done,, put switch into off position, wipers will return to normal position...
See if that sorts it...
Excuse me for being thick but everyone goes on about the " multi plug', where abouts is this?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts