Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I have a Renault Grand Scenic 3 1.9 2012. Its been running well,

I took family to the Beach yesterday afternoon and I lock the Car double locked( dead locked)Like I always do, Later on when we wanted to leave. The Keyless entry would not work. (Key Fob battery needed to be replace) I tried to open with the button on Card key Fob but nothing. I then opened the car with the emergence key. Climb over to the Drivers side put the card key in. Nothing it would not start. Tried to open drivers door nothing, windows nothing. Inside central locking did not work.
I went and got a new Fob battery tried that nothing tried a second new battery nothing. Had to have car towed home last night R1500. Got home at 11.30pm. What a way to spend my birthday.

I took the Car battery out last night. Charged it last night and tried again this morning. Nothing just the alarm screaming, can not turn it off.
I open the Card key Fob and the wire coil that has 3 connection was completely loos. I had then re soldered.
Taped it up. Not glued yet encase I have to open again.
Tried again can not get alarm to switch off or doors to open. Inside central locking also not working.
Pressed the button on Fob to switch lights on nothing.
I Can lock the car from the little black know on drivers handle but will not open with hand by sensor

Can Anyone help. Need to get lids to school tomorrow, Any Ideas please.

Thanks Ian

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have read through the forum and People saying Car battery. My battery was charged last night, 12.38v. I tried a second battery Charged 12.49v Still nothing alarm goes off will not switch off.
I can go to car with Key fob in my pocket and I can hear if I press the small button on drivers door. I can hear the doors trying to lock. but no indicator flashing to say its locked. I can put My hand over Drivers sensor or passenger handle sensor and pull handle nothing. Will not unlock.

If I try and scan with Delph. It will not connect because I can not get ignition on

Please can anyone help ?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
3,923 Posts
Do you have a spare key in case your original is knackered?
A scenic 3 when locked with the keycard including deadlocked will NOT open keylessly. To re enable the keyless function the car must be started with the key in the slot, then turn off and walk away. The car will then lock itself and re-enter the keyless cycle until locked using the remote again. Also once opened with the emergency key, the keycard must be put into the slot and the engine started to cancel the alarm system.
This is all explained in the handbook.
Don’t overlook the battery as scenic 3s are particularly tough on them and are known to throw all sorts of fits if they’re not getting the voltage that their systems expect.
Happy birthday for Saturday, t’was mine too. I too spent the day next to a large body of water, unfortunately it was a rock hard seat overlooking a swimming pool!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a spare key in case your original is knackered?
A scenic 3 when locked with the keycard including deadlocked will NOT open keylessly. To re enable the keyless function the car must be started with the key in the slot, then turn off and walk away. The car will then lock itself and re-enter the keyless cycle until locked using the remote again. Also once opened with the emergency key, the keycard must be put into the slot and the engine started to cancel the alarm system.
This is all explained in the handbook.
Don’t overlook the battery as scenic 3s are particularly tough on them and are known to throw all sorts of fits if they’re not getting the voltage that their systems expect.
Happy birthday for Saturday, t’was mine too. I too spent the day next to a large body of water, unfortunately it was a rock hard seat overlooking a swimming pool!
Thanks so much for the advice.
I do not have a spare key.
If I insert the Card in Card reader it does not recognizes that the card is in

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
3,923 Posts
Could the tabs be broken in the card reader? I’m sure there’s mention of a repair using superglue and a zip tie…
It was an excellent weekend, two of my kids were at a competition and they swam unbelievably well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all. I have taken out the Card Reader and open it up. All looks great. Little switch works no Problem.
The Card does not Lock or unlock Car. It is not recognized in the Card reader and the bottom for Card head light also does not work. Can the Card loose its code, and if so can you reprogram the key to accept code again

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I battle to get the Delph to get a scan from the car, but tonight I managed to. These are the faults

DTC 921114 UPC Protection and Switching Unit supply circuit
  • Open circuit or short circuit to earth
DTCC11100 – Multiplex PSU signal absent
  • Sub- type without information
DTCC13100 – PAS multiplexed emission absent
  • Sub-type without information
  • Permanent
DTC923514 – UPC Protection and switching unit supply circuit
DTC92114 – UPC Protection and switching unit supply circuit
DTC926681 – Battery current sensor
  • Invalid series data received
  • Permanent

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,180 Posts
Under bonnet fuse box, check the fuses
Ignore the battery sensing fault until car is running
IGNORE key card, if no power supply, then key reader will have no power ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts