Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to fit socket for lighting board for a bike carrier to my 2010 Grand Scenic. Before I start any ideas on wiring colours and whether the 12v socket in rear can be used as permanent supply to power bypass relay to save having to run a supply from the front. I have a Halfords kit to do the job. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have just done this so thought I would share what I found.

There is a spade socket for 12V power available in the boot. It is red and on the left hand side and in the bunch of wires heading down towards the bumper. It can be activated by putting a fuse below the back windscreen wiper socket (which you should remove when using a cycle carrier.)

Hope that helps someone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have just done this so thought I would share what I found.

There is a spade socket for 12V power available in the boot. It is red and on the left hand side and in the bunch of wires heading down towards the bumper. It can be activated by putting a fuse below the back windscreen wiper socket (which you should remove when using a cycle carrier.)

Hope that helps someone!
Hi, im trying to put the socket in the boot but when i go to see the wirings it has an connetor that maybe goes to the socket but it short because its have tape all around do i have to remove the tape.?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts