Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 7 seater Grand Scenic but that came only with 5 places.
Is there a way to put the additional 2?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
The floor mounting points should slready be there. So, you should only need to find and buy the 3rd row seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tks. i will look into it. the car is registered only for 5 places. do you know if Renault sells the 2 additional seats?

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Make sure you have the needed seat belt mountings. If it is supposed to be a 7-seater what happened to the extra pair of seats. Does Renault sell a 7-seater with only five seats? Sorry if that is a silly question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know. i bought it used. i suppose they sell. you have the extra room of the grand scenic but with only 5 seats

·
Administrator
21,596 Posts
If the car is registered for 5 seats only then if you put the extra seats in and have an accident your insurance company may well not pay up and invalidate your policy.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,564 Posts
Renault did sell a 5 seat version of the Grand Scenic, we've had this question before somewhere.
IIRC, floor mountings were present but seat belt holes/fittings in rear trim weren't.
Can't remember if belt hard points were in floor.

If yours has got belts in the back, simple to replace the seats...scrapyards/second hand is cheapest.
If not, more of a job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts