Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 Grand Scenic 1.9 DCi.
My aircon began to sound strange in the spring, it was gurgling for a while which I am told was indicative of low pressure and eventually stopped completely.

I had it re gassed it worked for a few more weeks then failed again.
A leaking condenser was diagnosed I had that replaced recently and the car regassed again at a local independent.

Unfortunately although he fixed the leak the aircon still does not come on now.
I understand from other threads here that possibly because of the total loss of pressure I need to get the fault codes cleared using clip which is a main dealer job?

I don't want to end up going around in circles so before I do I have also read on here that the trinary (or is it actually a pressure sensor ) can also fail. so I wanted to test it as best as poss.

I can't find any functional info about the sensor here though. So first question:

Is it simply a switch (or rather two switches) as it has three wires?

If not

Then I assume it has a resistive output which varies with pressure, mine certainly seems to be the latter type?

Which leads to my next question:

With the sensor removed from my car I measured the resistance across the three pins.

I get 7.6K 14.4K and 22K obviously depending on how I measure across the three pins.
Is that roughly correct for a removed sensor?
If so then should those values change once I screw it back in?

Mine do not!
Is that good or bad?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS If anyone can recommend an local independent or Forum member that has a Clip in the North Shropshire/Wrexham area that may be very helpful, as well thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts