Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, there,

I got a 54 reg Grand Scenic. The air con pressure is ok. Sometimes the air con can kick in, sometimes not. When it is "not", I mean the air blown out is warm all the time. The air con light is always on. I wonder if it is a sign for any problem? or how can I make it working reliably?

cheers
David

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
When you say the air-con pressure is OK - how was it tested or checked.

When the air-con is switched on at idle can you hear engine revs alter o rhear a click from the compressor?:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a air con top up can with the pressure gauge, and it shows exact at the middle of the green area when I connect it.

When the air con works, the engine revs drops and I can feel the coldness of the low pressure pipe.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If there is insufficient refrigerant in the system the compressor won't kick in.
As the amount of refrigerant should be measured on weight therefore pressure is not a good guide as to its actual contents.
I am not saying this is your exact problem but this apsect should be considered.
The pressure sensor for the air-con system is usually located around the bottom of the condensor at the front of the radiator and can be subjected to water ingress - it may be worth checking its electrical terminals are clean and sound.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts