Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Grand Scenic is 5 years old soon, but only has 30,000 miles. I know that the cambelt and auxilary belts are due to change but have been quoted £550 from my local dealer or £660 with the water pump. This seems a bit steep.

Does anyone know a good independant garage that would do it for a reasonable price. I live west of Brmingham in Halesowen.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

I would ring round a few other Renault main dealers for prices and then ring back your local Renault dealer with the cheapest price like for like and chances are they will match or even beat the price. For a main dealer the price you have been quoted is not too bad, but a good independent garage would be cheaper. I notice yours is a 1.6 VVT. Do you get the rattle like noise on start up. If so could be the dephaser on its way out. Ring up Renault UK and you may get the job done for free or at a discounted price and a new cambelt included.

Harry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

I would ring round a few other Renault main dealers for prices and then ring back your local Renault dealer with the cheapest price like for like and chances are they will match or even beat the price. For a main dealer the price you have been quoted is not too bad, but a good independent garage would be cheaper. I notice yours is a 1.6 VVT. Do you get the rattle like noise on start up. If so could be the dephaser on its way out. Ring up Renault UK and you may get the job done for free or at a discounted price and a new cambelt included.

Harry.
No rattle though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts