Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, been reading through the forum looking for buying advice from owners regarding the Grand Scenic II.

We're looking at various 7-seaters, but not having owned a Renault recently i thought best to look into things like how the built quality lasts, reliability, general & common problems etc! Any comment gratefully accepted.

The model we'd be looking at most likely will be a 1-2yr old 1.9dci Privilege.

Thanks in advance

O

·
0 Posts
We're looking at various 7-seaters, but not having owned a Renault recently i thought best to look into things like how the built quality lasts, reliability, general & common problems etc! Any comment gratefully accepted.

:rofl:

Ok, just being a little less than helpful there, just ignore me, I'm feeling pee'd off with mine at the mo!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Build quality, reliability and general prob's?
Let's see....

Purchased mine (1.9DCI Grand Scenic II) new and had it serviced on the dot at the Renault dealer.
Numerous electrical hassles (standard apparently), both front windows broken (obligatory apparently) but otherwise OK until....
70k miles, the motor and turbo self-destructed without warning. A failed bearing somewhere deep within the motor. There was a huge recall/free repair offered by Renault (due to the bad publicity caused by the frequency of this problem) in the early days of the series II. Sadly, mine was 3.5 years old and Renault Customer Service (should be renamed) took 4 weeks to tell me "tough luck". It cost me £7.5k to replace the motor and turbo....
Now at 100k:
More electricial prob's
Including the common 'musical windows' problem (going up and down on their own, going down when double locking the car, etc)
Rattles in both door pillars (impossible to get in and fix....)

Summary: the most comfortable, practical, economical (fuuel consumption) car I 've ever had.
But it is absolutely my first and last Renault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts