Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member first post.

I've just bought a 2 year old sport tourer which has now got 45k on the clock.

The gearbox seems to be graunchy especially getting into 3rd gear, 2nd is not much better!

Anybody else had similar?

I will take the car into the local dealer as it is still under warranty but I was just wondering if it is a common fault.

Cheers

Sparks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bought my Lag at 49k and my gearbox sounds like a bag of [email protected]# too, particualrly if you drop down from 5th to 4th and back to 5th again, oh and 1st is sometimes difficult to select.

(dont know why i just didn't buy a Mondeo TDCi)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have similar experiance with my 52 1.9dCi.

I find that when the engine is warm AND you drive it hard then the gear selection is OK. However, when driving from cold and in-town, the gearbox is very clunky and feels like you're damadging the gearbox by selecting gears...

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine to but only in 3rd but its done 92k, but lets be honest would anyone buy a laguna again??? mines fine when it wants to be but seems never ending stupid little annoying problems!! last car was jag before that bmw both of which never saw a garage only for service or tyres thus never ever ever again will i buy a renault...gl

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
My PK6 back in gear

I'v been having problems with my PK6 six speed box to. When changing up, mainly 3'rd, the gears would crash and grind, over the past month it's been getting much worse, like 3'rd i would have to put a lot of quick force to ram it in gear, so thismorning I had the box oil changed. The box is so much smoother now, if feels like a new one, no more crunching, just floats into gear, wow.
I brought 3l of TransElf TRP 75-80 just under £50 from a dealer and paid £10 for an independent garage to change the oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive a 2003 Laguna II and my gearbox went totally at 50k miles. It started with crunching in 3rd gear.I will never buy a renault again after this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts