Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a very heavy heart and with much sadness that I have to notify you all that one of our friends has lost his battle with cancer.

We have been contacted by Richard's widow, who let us know that Richard passed away peacefully on 8th April.

I had him as a friend on facebook, and had contacted him the day before he died, asking how he was (I'd noticed he hadn't been online for some time).

His widow has requested that his account be deleted, and naturally, her wish shall be granted without delay.

The forum has lost a brother in arms and a good friend, at least his painful fight is over.

R.I.P. Richard, we shall all miss you and your helpful nature.

Paul

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Extracted from Richard's widow (Grace);

"I don't know any of Richard's passwords or whatever for the Renault Forum, but I wanted to let you know that Richard died peacefully on 8 April after a monumental fight against cancer. He probably mentioned that he was diagnosed with secondary tumours in February, and we were realistic about the outcome. I was immensely proud of the way he dealt with his illness with never a complaint, and I was so thankful that he didn't have weeks or months of suffering at the end.

He always loved the Renault Forum and was always happy to offer suggestions or guidance if he could. I don't know what happens about removing him from the Forum now but I would be grateful if that can somehow be done."

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
How sad to hear, a true stalwart of the forum.

May you rest in peace Richard.

My deepest sympathies to all of those who were nearest & dearest to you.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
I am truely saddened to hear of Greensides passing and he will be a loss to the Renault Forum Family. I clearly remember him talking about his illnes and how he was coping. I had mentioned his stoicism to my wife who constantly asked me for an update. As a previous cancer sufferer she will be surely disheartened to hear the news of his passing.

Rest in peace dear friend.

On reading this news my thoughts were immediately drawn to Boney who also succumbed from the dreaded cancer.

When Bioney passed away I posted the Elizabeth Frye poem and I make no apologies for doing so again.

WHILST WE STAND

Whilst we stand at your grave and weep,
You are not there, you do not sleep.
You are in a thousand winds that blow,
You are the softly falling snow.
You are the gentle showers of rain,
You are the fields of ripening grain.
You are in the morning hush,
You are in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
You are the star-shine of the night.
You are in the flowers that bloom,
You are in a quieting room.
You are in the birds that sing,
You are in each and every lovely thing.
Whilst we stand at your grave and cry,
You are not there. You did not die.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Words tend to fail me upon receiving news of this ilk, which is why I asked Paul to take care of the announcement.
Thanks Paul.

Sleep well Richard.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Completly gutted to hear the sad news of Richards passing,R.I.P Richard maybe you can start a forum with the angels.
Sincere condolenses to all Richards family,a great guy who will be sadly missed on the forum..

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Terrible news,another one lost to this horrible disease.A very sad day for RF.

To all of his friends and family I offer my sincere condolences,I didn't know him that well on here but he came across as a thoroughly decent,polite and friendly chap.

Up there with Dave and Eddie,RIP Richard.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,387 Posts
Very sad news indeed. His posts were sounding so bright and positive throughout his treatment.
I was surprised to see Greenside post some advice to another member needing technical advice not so long ago. Nice to know he was helping out on the Renault Forum right to the end. My condolences.

·
Administrator
13,078 Posts
So sad to read the news that Richard has passed. My condolences to his family and friends.

He was always so upbeat about his illness and fought hard against it until the end. He will be greatly missed on the forum. He was always helpful and welcoming to the members and gave solid advice when he could.

Rest in peace Richard, your battle has finally ended! You will be missed.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Like gonescenile I am not very good with words at a time like this.

I only really posted to him after I heard of his illness. I was however well aware of Richards input to the forum.

He was always helpful and courteous in his approach to helping others.

It was quite a shock yesterday as I thought he was doing well, He was, as already said, always upbeat and positive.

A very sad loss to this dreadful disease.

R.I.P Richard. You will not be forgotten on the forum.

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
I'm rather annoyed with myself for not knowing Richard as well as i could of as i only ever new him as Greenside as our paths rarely crossed but what i do know about him is the consideration he always seemed to show towards others in his posts that i had read and i can only wish his family my deepest sympathy in this their time of mourning ..

R I P Richard and may your good spirit be rewarded in Heaven :) ..

·
Administrator
21,616 Posts
Only just saw this thread :eek: and am truly shocked and saddened to hear the news.

Another good one lost to the big "C". The forum will be worse off without you Richard. I really dont know what else to say.

RIP mate. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts