Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove from Leicester to hull yesterday, and on the way back, i noticed grey speed camera looking things over the road, behind the gantry's, that had a huge speed camera sign on them

they looked like 2 grey older style cameras side by side, does anyone know what they are ?

think i went through them a bit fast, there was no flash or anything

should i be worried for my licence ??

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Are you talking about the ones that are on the four lane section from junc 25 to 28 or 29, I have been told they are variable speed cameras, and are not active until the overhead signs with the speed limit on are lit up.
I have been through those cameras a few times at well over the limit with the signs unlit, and received no ticket.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, feel better now

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Are you talking about the ones that are on the four lane section from junc 25 to 28 or 29, I have been told they are variable speed cameras, and are not active until the overhead signs with the speed limit on are lit up.
I have been through those cameras a few times at well over the limit with the signs unlit, and received no ticket.
They've got those on the M42 in Birmingham and are active when the sign above the lane is lit up with the speed limit.

TBH I didnt know they'd got them on the M1 around my neck on the woods now. :(

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess given time, they will be everywhere 

·
HotShoe WANNABEE..
375 Posts
I went to B'ham on Wednesday and saw them too. Down A1, A1M, M18, M1...around the area of J23A, for A42/M42.

They are not on the 'back' of every gantry, though there is a Camera logo on every gantry.
Going down to Hemel Hempstead, last week, I deffo saw one flash - somewhat behind me - and that was when I realised they're up there...:cool:

:loser:
knownClone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts