Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there new to the forum sorry if this is the wrong area

Anyways I have looked for a ground point in my book and though the bolt for the rear seats was a good idea uniti I could not get them off.

What is the next best option if ? Is there a factory ground point or would I have to drill a whole in the boot ?

Cheers shaun

Ps 2003 renault Clio 1.2 5dr

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
What do you mean exactly? All speakers have two wires which go to either a head unit or seperate amplifier. SO YOU DO NOT BOLT THEM TO THE CAR CHASSIS.

Most sub-woofers have their own power supply so need both a voltage supply and a earth return.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Hi there new to the forum sorry if this is the wrong area

Anyways I have looked for a ground point in my book and though the bolt for the rear seats was a good idea uniti I could not get them off.

What is the next best option if ? Is there a factory ground point or would I have to drill a whole in the boot ?

Cheers shaun

Ps 2003 renault Clio 1.2 5dr
The seat bolts can be very tight as they usually have thread lock compound on their threads but you should be able to find a suitable earth point around the rear light clusters.

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Re: Ground point for subwoofer

What do you mean exactly? All speakers have two wires which go to either a head unit or seperate amplifier. SO YOU DO NOT BOLT THEM TO THE CAR CHASSIS.
Most sub-woofers have their own power supply so need both a voltage supply and a earth return.
Indeed, but one DOES bolt the Sub Amp down & supply a good local earth, as you know.
Shaun, you are right to find a good earth, as the car body has a MUCH lower resistance than any cable. If you can't find one in the boot, although there should be one for the rear lights & HRW, then make your own. Clean off the paint, two fat washers, nut & bolt & some grease to stop corrosion. Robert's yer fathers brother.
Don't forget to let the car "sleep" before disconnecting Battery if you have an EPB. DAMHIK?

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Hi there cheers for the advice
How abouts would I go to access the ground point for the lights ?
Only know Scenics, on those the earth is behind one of the clusters. Sorry

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Hi Shaun, to access the earth for the rear lights in your Clio you need to remove the black plastic trim across the base of the boot opening (where the boot lock is situated)

Once this is removed (x4 Torx screws) you will then see the black earth cable for the rear lights held to the body by a screw. There is one on each side of the car. Be careful when removing the screw, I snapped the head off one of mine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts