Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's supposed to be a 'grumbling' sound :) ...

Hoping someone can help - I'm a bit of a mechanical dunce.

I'm the second owner of this Laguna. This is my first TD car and I'm getting used to the whine of the turbo, but I'm not sure whether all is well.

At times when I decelerate - simply take my foot off the accelerator - I can here the Turbo slowing down but it becomes louder? Is it the Turbo I wonder? Or is it a knackered gear box?

I find when I go into corners, again decelerating, I hear a grumbling/scraping sort of sound. The wheel bearings are fine, apparrently. The car has 110,000 miles on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi can you fell the grumbling throw the pedals or steering iam thinking the cv joint on one of the drive shafts or as you said the gear box or even the differential in the gear box or the bearing within the turbo itself????????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi can you fell the grumbling throw the pedals or steering iam thinking the cv joint on one of the drive shafts or as you said the gear box or even the differential in the gear box or the bearing within the turbo itself????????
Thanks for responding Donald.
The grumbling seems more pronounced when I'm turning. Does that mean it's more likely to be the differential?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts