Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to some top strut bearings for my 2003 Lag dci.

I've located what looks to be the part on the gsf website:

R45720 STRUT TOP BEARING LAGUNA >2001 (RUBBER ONLY)

Does that sound right? Dont really want to order and get the wrong ones.

I'd get them from renault but apparently they have stopped selling them on their own and you now have to get a top mount 'kit' with them for 70+ vat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to some top strut bearings for my 2003 Lag dci.

I've located what looks to be the part on the gsf website:

R45720 STRUT TOP BEARING LAGUNA >2001 (RUBBER ONLY)

Does that sound right? Dont really want to order and get the wrong ones.

I'd get them from renault but apparently they have stopped selling them on their own and you now have to get a top mount 'kit' with them for 70+ vat.
Sounds right, have you tried phoning GSF to confirm, I've always found them jolly helpful.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phoned em, apparently its for the 1997-2003 Laguna, Espace and Avantime. I wasn't aware that the both lagunas shared the same bearings?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Mmm....

I think you'll find that the strut bearings will be different from the Lag 1 to the Lag 2.The bearings on the Laguna 1 are between the bottom spring pan and the strut,meaning that when you turn the steering,the spring stays still and the strut turns inside it.I'm sure the Lag 2 has the more conventional set up of having the bearing in the top of the strut....I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still stuck on this, cant get em off renault, local factrs cant get them unless itds a kit at 50+vat a go. But i'm still not convinced that these are the ones despite her saying it was for an Avantime too, which I guess has the same running gear as the lag?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts