Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just got a 61 plate renault megane 1.4 dynamique tomtom tce. Would the rear bumper from the GT Line fit it? if it dose where would i get one? i have searched n cant seem to find any new/second hand.

Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Yes it should fit, a coupe gt line one that is.

The other shapes are also sold in a gt line version,they wouldnt fit.
breakers/ebay/.
There are plenty of coupe front ends of different shapes available with online searching,I havent actually looked for a gt line rear.

It will have to be painted unless you get real lucky on a used one and the reversing sensors ..2 silver ones at least and colour coded , for the other 2 I think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a gt line rear end wrong colour but its fine dosent have parking sensors but neither dose mine lol.
Its a coupe version so its fine, do you know if its two parts on the rear bumper? Would you say £140 is a decent price for it (whole rear bumper)

Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
By whole bumper which bits do you mean ?

normal /older coupe the rear end from the metal wing edges down is in 2 pieces .
The body painted part then a black plastic bit below that.
Gt line the upper painted part is the same but the lower part is painted and then there is a silvery centre part set into that.
Is the silver part a seperate piece ? I think so but not sure.

Either way to replace your rear part you want all bits from the donor car that go where your black plastic is.
When splitting the rear part,its recommended to remove the whole rear plastic part of the car.
Its also recommended to replace the clips that hold the 2 pieces together (2 pieces on a normal coupe).

You may not have to depending on how carefull you are when splitting.

The fog lights I cant be sure are the same..probably are :).

Cost.. I dunno.mr reasonably good spray guy has to be added in too,£90+ for a decent job?

The bit(s) you need you can see yourself in the pic,anything thats different to yours ;)
The section the reg plate is mounted on is part of the lower bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the 5dr dose have a gt line aswell but its not the same as the 3dr coupes. the rear bumper shape is slightly different, if you google the gt line and look at the images you will see what i mean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah the 5dr dose have a gt line aswell but its not the same as the 3dr coupes. the rear bumper shape is slightly different, if you google the gt line and look at the images you will see what i mean.
How much did it cost you to have the bumper matching your paint? I'm looking into it now

Cheers mate

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did it cost you to have the bumper matching your paint? I'm looking into it now

Cheers mate
All in £150, £70 for the the whole bumper from a breaker(only because the top half which I didn't need was badly damaged) and £80 for the colour change/match. I had been looking for 2 or 3 months for my bumper, the average was round the £200 mark. The only other thing is the Gt line bumper I got had parking sensors and mines didn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts