Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Great for British motorsport and i wish him all the best, iam a Ferrari man but i do have a soft spot for Mclaren always have but this is going to turn into a very interesting session and its good to see it.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, Competition is everything at times over the last few years we have not seen enough, It should generate some more interest over the season as at times Formula I can be so dull of late .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I think we are in for a race with the Ferrari's back on the pace and Alonso out to prove a point, This will be a big test for Hamilton, Should be good for us armchair fans.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Boring race this one, is getting as predictable as when Schumacher was in it :yawn: , will stick with Fisichella as I have done since he started and Webber , not one for changing my loyalties just because he is British .

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Woohoooo!! Another win for Hamilton :d

Is great to see a British driver having some good fortune again :d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Well done Lewis another one and 10 points clear of Alonso:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ferrari is off the pace at the minute those mercs are somthing else this season

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
F1 back to it's best...:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Expect more of the same(if it doesn't rain)from Mangie Cor and Silverstone!.

Lewis is shaking the establishment,and some don't like it(Mr Alonso is not a happy bunny!).Long may he,and the other young drivers,continue.:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
F1 back to it's best...:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Expect more of the same(if it doesn't rain)from Mangie Cor and Silverstone!.

Lewis is shaking the establishment,and some don't like it(Mr Alonso is not a happy bunny!).Long may he,and the other young drivers,continue.:)

Oh yes there is a split in the team between them two,good on Hamilton its his for the taking if he stays focused till the end,Alonso thought it was just going to be show up and it was his:d i think not

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Lets not forget that we are spoilt for young talent at the moment.I rate Nico Rosberg and Kovalienen(spelling?:)) very highly,as well as Kubica and Vettel.We also have a certain Bruno Senna coming through,the Mansell brothers,Nelson Piquet jnr,as well as few others.Lewis has been lucky to jump straight into a competitive team,but he might not have it all his own way over the next few years.

The future for formula 1 driver wise is very bright,if only they could sort out the cars so they can actually race them,and get some decent circuits on the calender.Bernie has done a lot of good for the sport,but with Imola and Spa struggling to hold a race when there are the embarrasments of Hungary and Mangie Cor on the calender,the sport has to come before financial gain....or did that happen a long time ago.......now,wheres my rose tinted glasses?...:rolleyes::d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Lets not forget that we are spoilt for young talent at the moment.I rate Nico Rosberg and Kovalienen(spelling?:)) very highly,as well as Kubica and Vettel.We also have a certain Bruno Senna coming through,the Mansell brothers,Nelson Piquet jnr,as well as few others.Lewis has been lucky to jump straight into a competitive team,but he might not have it all his own way over the next few years.

The future for formula 1 driver wise is very bright,if only they could sort out the cars so they can actually race them,and get some decent circuits on the calender.Bernie has done a lot of good for the sport,but with Imola and Spa struggling to hold a race when there are the embarrasments of Hungary and Mangie Cor on the calender,the sport has to come before financial gain....or did that happen a long time ago.......now,wheres my rose tinted glasses?...:rolleyes::d
Oh yes Bernie has done alot for the sport i believe he has tied the knock for India for 2009,i would like to see a new track for British F1 i think and this is only my opinion Silverstone is and should be knocked down and rebuild it from scratch its a disgrace to British motorsport,there was i man that had designed a track round London just like Monaco and it could of worked but only for the big wigs to say it was a none starter money was not a issue god we are one of the richest country's in the world and should be showing be example

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I want F1 to go back to Brands Hatch!.Leave the cirucuit as it is,and improve the pits,grandstands etc.It is one of the best tracks in the world,and it's criminal that it has been left off the calender for so long.There was talk of getting the GP back there a few years ago,but they were planning on ripping the circuit apart and 'improving it'.Nothing came of the plans,thank god.

I would take the American GP to Laguna Seca,the British GP to Brand Hatch,the Italian GP should be held on the proper old Monza track(banking and all),and America can have a second GP where the teams can use IRL cars in the Indy 500!.Spa,Montreal,Imola and Interlagos can have a race,as can Monaco,but for that one the drivers will have go-karts so they can actually race and over take there.....

Ahhh....these rose tinted glasses are great!:rolleyes::d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Oops,nearly forgot!.The proper Nurburgring would be the last race of the year.....in November!.Now that would seperate the men from the boys!.:d:d:d

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Donald.........

Have you been to Silverstone recently? There's been millions spent on a new dual carriageway bypass of Silverstone village, giving a nice easy drive in from the surrounding motorways. And the facilities inside the circuit have been improved too, with better parking and improved toilets.

Compared to the facilites at Le Mans, Silverstone is excellent! The mens bogs at Le Mans would make anyone shudder :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Oops,nearly forgot!.The proper Nurburgring would be the last race of the year.....in November!.Now that would seperate the men from the boys!.:d:d:d
Having driven the 'Ring' on a fresh November morning, I'd love to see an F1 race there ;)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I want F1 to go back to Brands Hatch!.Leave the cirucuit as it is,and improve the pits,grandstands etc.It is one of the best tracks in the world,and it's criminal that it has been left off the calender for so long.There was talk of getting the GP back there a few years ago,but they were planning on ripping the circuit apart and 'improving it'.Nothing came of the plans,thank god.

I would take the American GP to Laguna Seca,the British GP to Brand Hatch,the Italian GP should be held on the proper old Monza track(banking and all),and America can have a second GP where the teams can use IRL cars in the Indy 500!.Spa,Montreal,Imola and Interlagos can have a race,as can Monaco,but for that one the drivers will have go-karts so they can actually race and over take there.....

Ahhh....these rose tinted glasses are great!:rolleyes::d
Have to agree that Brandshatch is a good circuit and all british tracks need to up date there pits and tec areas god silverstone cant even accomadate half the lorrys what a joke for 2007:( its all comes down to all the cars being much the same in performance and making the tracks to make it possible to over take would be great but iam not going to hold my breath

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
When you see the new circuits pit complexes and grandstands,it makes you realise just what a joke Silverstone is.The circuits not even that great anymore,not since they slowed it down in the early 90's.The place does have a great atmosphere and the fans are the best in the world,but the facilities are dated to say the least....

I'll take my potty with me to Le Mans next year then Matt!:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Ive done Knochhill up here beside me was a great morning out in the Espace was warmed that day i can tell you:d

1 - 20 of 32 Posts