Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All wonder if any one can tell me where the handbrake adjusts from on a 57 plate Renault Clio car the videos on you tube are not very helpful cause I***8217;m not to sure what Mk the car is I think it could be Mk 3 or 4 can anyone help

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
21,869 Posts
57 plate so probably a Mk3 clio..handbrake cable adjustment is situated at the side of the handbrake lever but you need to remove the centre console to get to it..you dont say if its rear drums or discs on the car and that would be handy if you want further info..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I managed to get the centre console out that surround
The hand brake by Erving two screws at the rear and two further down closer to the gear stitch which where under the gear stick I managed to get a adjustable spanner on there and it seem to be much tighter now than it was before thanks for the reply ***128077;***127995;

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
21,869 Posts
Don't ignore that excessive handbrake travel often means something amiss with the brakes.
Auto adjust not working, worn shoes/pads, sticky caliper to mention a few.
Yes Pete and why I asked if he had rear drums or discs..on the rear drum brakes its often a case of stuck rear adjusters..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,020 Posts
From my inbox....
Terry Pepper said:
Got me worried now with the message you sent I adjusted the handbrake but there was apparently no reason for the handbrake to travel up that far in the first place the last owner said it went like that overnight how do I know if these things are on brakes at the back or drums

Easy way to tell on most cars is look.
Disc and caliper look significantly different then a drum.
(Not all, my Q car has discs on rear but drum handbrake, same on the Kadjar)

Anyway, if it happened overnight, summat has bust.
Need to work through, what happens when you operate handbrake, is it locking both wheels?
If only one, the one that is spinning is where the problem is.... simple steps to find out where the problem is and then why.
If old owner is telling the truth, I'd suspect cable but what someone tells you when selling and what actually happened or is needed are often different things

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
Disc will look like the part you can see when you look at your front brakes through the wheel..
Same design...if that helps..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts