Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'll get straight to the point, the R2 plug had been cut out but I think they have some of the wires incorrect. Does any one know the wiring colours, I trace the 10 wires from the parking brake to where the R2 plug was. The hand brake releases and comes on with the hand brake switch. It does not auto release, or say it's on or off on the dash.
Plug In says "clutch switch short to earth"

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
unfortunatley with Renaults, ( probably like most vehicle manufacturers), you cannot rely on the wire colours to give you your answers, the reason being is that they get their looms from the cheapest manufacturer at the time of build and as long as the loom works, they dont worry about the wire colours. The reason your handbrake may not automatically release is because of the short to earth on your clutch switch telling the system you have not released the clutch to make the system work

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if the wiring harness at the clutch pedal goes straight through the R2 connection to the rear hand brake or is there a ECU behind the dash some where that controls the can signals to the rear hand brake or does the ECU on the hand brake control all off it?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
now we are getting into the meat of questions, maybe now would be a good time to tell us what vehicle we are talking about :wink2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that I did not realize the R2 under the driver's seat had anything to do with the EPB so will check it tomorrow, I did get a R2 connector from the scrap yard but the wires are different ***x1f62b;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts