Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bonnet also flew up on the slip road as I was gaining speed to join the motorway (approx 50mph). Smashed the windscreen - thankfully the road wasn't that busy and I managed to steer over to the hard shoulder. Extremely frightening experience. The windscreen, bonnet and roof where all damaged - as well as still having nightmares as to what could have happened. The car has now been fixed - but is anybody aware as to how we get any kind of compensation through Renault ? The car only had its MOT done 3 days before !! This is most definately a Renault issue - can anybody give me any advice ? Has anybody been successful ? If so, how ? Look forward to hearing from anyone !! thank you.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum,glad to know your OK.:)

It's not something I've ever had happen(touch wood),but I would imagine it's a pretty scary experience.:eek:

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Renault have so far refused to accept responsibility for the bonnet catches and ROSPA have backed them. Check the threads regarding this issue in the Clio FAQ they make interesting reading. The fact that your car had just passed it's MOT may be useful in this ongoing issue. The 2 members most in the know are Brigatti and Meesh and they may be very interested in your experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts