Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi every1, hope u can help!! i have a 1994 laguna 2.0 rxe and its had a problem since new which is on cold mornings she starts ok but driving down the road when you push the clutch in the engine shuts down! Ignition is still on, but of course no power steering!! A couple of dealers have looked at it in past service history but could'nt pinpoint the problem! Its does this several times until the engine is warm.
YIPEE!! At last the problem is solved!! Local renault dealer finally found that the ideler valve was to blame and this has now been replaced and, so far, has'nt been stalling in the mornings!! Hope thats an end to the matter now and hope this info may help someone else with the same problem!!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi it could be the TDC sensor put a search in under TDC sensor and have a wee read it might just be what is wrong but i would of thought that Renault would of found this on a diagnostics test????i hope you get this sorted out

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

It could be one of many things that is causing this problem.What have you had done so far?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
two local dealers have had it in the past & hooked it to a computer but it came up with no faults
Hi and welcome, Has the dealer had the car hooked up to the computer while the car is warm, or has it been left to cool at the dealers before the checks? Just incase Renault being Renault ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts