Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I turn ignition on control panel lights up car turns as if it wants to start, after turning key a good few times starts, but today I have heard a click type noise from car, maybe coming from the exhaust, and a egg type smell at times not all the time from exhaust, from previous car I found out it needed a new exhaust, but the car had no trouble starting before, could anyone advise, please forgive the discription of problem women driver not sure of tecnical terms, thanks:tumbleweed:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Cuzy - the egg smell is comingfrom the CAT and should only smell slightly when cold or having unburnt fuel put thyrough it - I suggest you look through the forum looking for Coil problems or TDC sensors. If you contimnue to push unburnt fule through the CAT it can end up severely damaged and they ain't cheap to replace. Has your car been subjected to floods or heavy rain recently.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thankyou will price a tdc tomorrow, after reading up on it you maybe right, it helps to read other people have had similar problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts