Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to may local Motor Factors today and left this list for them to price for my 2002 2.0 16v Espace supply only iam going to fit it all.

Timing Belt Kit

Spark Plugs

Pollen Filter

Fuel Filter

Oil Filter

Auxiliary Belt

Transmission Oil

Engine Oil

Well how much do you think for this little list:crazy: Have a guess and i will let you know tonight what the outcome was.I have to say iam bricking it:d

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
I went to may local Motor Factors today and left this list for them to price for me for my 2002 2.0 16v Espace.

Timing Belt Kit - belt only £8 - Kit £25

Spark Plugs - £20 - NGK or similar

Pollen Filter - £10

Fuel Filter - £5

Oil Filter - £7

Auxiliary Belt - £5

Transmission Oil - bottle - £5

Engine Oil - GTX or similar £12/5ltr

Well how much do you think for this little list:crazy: Have a guess and i will let you know tonight what the outcome was.I have to say iam bricking it:d
I guess approx £90-100 supply only!

Never mind Donald just think a dealer would be at least 3 times this amount. :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does the timing belt kit have in it apart from the belt any on ebay seem to £50-75

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I'm going to guess £170 once the Vodka And Tonic is added.

Hope the price turns out to be fine - have you had a price from Renault for comparison?

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to guess £170 once the Vodka And Tonic is added.

Hope the price turns out to be fine - have you had a price from Renault for comparison?

Paul:)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I a bottle of Vodka

Thats a good joke about renault:rofl: I don't think i will bother Paul iam not feeling that flush

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I think you will have much change from £147,000!;)

My proper guess £163.47 incl VAT

(If I'm the closest what do I win?):d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well :( iam skint:crazy:

Timing Belt and Kit £99.00 + £21.00vat = £120.00

Pollen Filter £20.88 + £ 4.42vat = £ 25.30

Auto Tran Oil £15.00 + £ 3.18vat = £ 18.18

Engine Oil £14.95 + £ 3.17vat = £ 18.12

Aux Belt £11.80 + £ 2.50vat = £ 14.30

Fuel Filter £ 6.46 + £ 1.37vat = £ 7.83

Spark Plug x 4 £ 4.60 + £ 0.97vat = £ 5.57

Oil Filter £ 3.85 + £ 0.81vat = £ 4.66

Net Price £177.54

VAT £ 37.44

Total £213.98

I have tryed other local places but this is the cheapest in town and this is all good brands i could of saved about £35.00 on the timing belt kit but i thought it safer to go for the dearer one i was told it was a better quality than the cheaper.

Well there goes my money till next month but it will know please me that iam serviced for another while thanks for all your guesses:)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
donald,its about the price of 15 full monty brekkies and all the tea you can drink at the hollies truck stop on the A5,£127.00

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Those prices aren't bad Donald,but I'd say the pollen filter was a bit expensive....

The cambelt kit is reasonable......I've been looking at prices for my 1.8 16valve,and they vary from £86 to £120,and thats trade prices(plus vat),the cheapest being from Partco(Unipart),the most expensive being genuine Renault.Apparently there are 2 different kits for mine depending on what size idlers I have.The other kit from Renault is £96,and we don't get a very big discount from them so thats a pretty good price.:).I'm sure you could get it cheaper from somewhere like Eurocar Parts,but the quality of their stuff varies greatly.....

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those prices aren't bad Donald,but I'd say the pollen filter was a bit expensive....

The cambelt kit is reasonable......I've been looking at prices for my 1.8 16valve,and they vary from £86 to £120,and thats trade prices(plus vat),the cheapest being from Partco(Unipart),the most expensive being genuine Renault.Apparently there are 2 different kits for mine depending on what size idlers I have.The other kit from Renault is £96,and we don't get a very big discount from them so thats a pretty good price.:).I'm sure you could get it cheaper from somewhere like Eurocar Parts,but the quality of their stuff varies greatly.....
Hi thanks i did question the the pollen filter there are two parts on mine they beleive if it had been the other it would of been about £6 cheaper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts