Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Clio 2. Passenger seat recliner lever broke. Went to get a new one at local main dealer. Only to be told that they don't sell them singly only in pairs.
How many people have had both levers go at once???

Does anyone know the reason for selling them in pairs, apart from getting the motorist to part with more money. (Only about £7, but it's the principle of it)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Yeah...... Madnoals right,

There not made right to start with even with the amount of money the manufactures plows into designing them:rolleyes: engineers??? my @rse,

Cheers Don

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
The simplest explanation is that you would need 2 sets of part numbers (left & right) which would need to be kept in stock & ordered from their supplier.

Due to the millions of different components used over the years, any way of simplifying the process is a goal the manufacturer will be happy to achieve.

Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not in this particular case. The handle is not handed in any way. The same handle will fit either seat.

Don't suppose anyone has an email address for Renault parts dept in France?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Its not just Renault that do this:crazy:,i have recently just rebuild my 1108cc engine in my Fiat and when buying new bolts or gasket & seals it was bags of 10 or 50 they were looking to sell me:eek: even though i only needed one:crazy:,although if another dealer local to the one i was dealing with had the parts within there parts bins they would sell me the parts in singles but only if they had them in stock? but sadly they never did,

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
I would suspect Renault don't make these componenets themselves but are out-sourced. And as every new car requires two then the supplier will be asked to supply them in pairs.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops:eek: Seems I owe Renault an apology. (This time)
When I ordered the handle i was told they only came in pairs. I rang the dealer up today to see if THEY had arrived, only to be told that IT had. Seems they used to sell them in pairs but due to customer pressure they are now sold singly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts