Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I've been having a annoying issues with my hazards turning on when starting the engine. Puzzled me for a while but the stumble on a thread that said it maybe my alarm module. It was located behind the n/S wiper tucked under the screen. After removing both the siren and module the problem stopped but my issue now is I don't know where to buy a new one from. As the thread I got the answer from said second hand ones on eBay won't work. It's made by cobra which I believe doesn't exist anymore. So was wondering if anyone know where I can get one from.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,036 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can still buy Cobra alarms. Most likely the original problem is caused by water ingress, judging by the location. You might even be able to find someone to repair the module.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Megane was a water shed moment in design ,as the bulk heads fill up with water if the drains are checked in winter & Autumn ,clean them out then dry it off i used the wifes hair dryer as it has 3 speed & overdrive then buy a spray can of silicone oil and spray the bulkhead it makes the water flow faster down the holes. megane 2 owner /UK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts