Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could someone help me with my hazzard lights as are they are constantly flashing even when my car is sitting in the drive not mobile, i know they will eventually drain my battery if not resolved. My car is a Renault Scenic year 2006 and I'm new to this forum

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

What model/age is your car?.

Some Renaults do suffer from hazard light switch problems,usually Clio 2's.If you remove the switch and disconnect it then at least the lights will stop flashing until you can get another switch.

Theres also the possibility that the car has an alarm system on it that has been activated.Did the hazards come on out of the blue or was the car being worked on at all?.Was the battery disconnected?.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hazzard lights are on constantly

Can anyone help and explain why my hazzard lights are staying on constantly, i have arenault scenic year 2006, if i dont gte them resolved they will drain my battery. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

What model/age is your car?.

Some Renaults do suffer from hazard light switch problems,usually Clio 2's.If you remove the switch and disconnect it then at least the lights will stop flashing until you can get another switch.

Theres also the possibility that the car has an alarm system on it that has been activated.Did the hazards come on out of the blue or was the car being worked on at all?.Was the battery disconnected?.
My Car is Scenic year 2006, no the lights came on when i locked my car, i then disconnected the battery to see if this would help, what is the switch and where would i find this ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is a scenic year 2006, the lights have stayde flashing since i locked my car earlier, i have disconnected the battery to see if it would help, what is the switch and where would i find it to remove it ? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do u remove it, this is the red button with triangle on it next to the left hand side of the gear stick i pressume ?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
It may be an alarm problem too as you say it started after you locked it

might be worth leaving the battery disconnected for a while if unplugging the switch does not help but make sure you have the radio code etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts