Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals, planning another adventure this year (end of May) to the continent France and Spain. I have just purchased a set of Eurolites beam adaptors, and the instructions have my addled brain in a spin. Has anybody put this type of adaptor on and if so please give me the knowledge. I had a different type last year which were easy to put on, but after three months in the sun I had to wreck them when removing them.

Meant to say its for a Scenic II 2006

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris, I have the protectors but I am finding the instructions that were supplied with the beam adaptors rather bemusing. With the type I had before they were easy to fit, but not these and I wasnt able to get the type I had previously.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Truckbusuk, as I said in my post, I have got the EGR headlight protectors and last year I purchased a set of headlamp beam deflectors which I put on them. When I tried to remove on return to uk after about 3 months in the spanish sun, I had a bit of trouble and nackered the beam deflectors whilst removing them from the headlamp protectors. I tried to get the same type this year but have been unable to find them, so I went to halfords and got a set of eurolites beam adaptors. The installation instructions are ambiguous to say the least, that is why I am asking if anyone has used these on a scenic II.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Sorry I can't help with the fitting of the deflectors.
But why did you remove the old ones? The convenience of fiiting them to the headlight protectors is that you just remove the protectors,beam bender and all quickly and easily, ready to be refitted the next time you go abroad.

There is no real need to use the headlight protectors as "protectors" in the Uk becauyse they are made from the same material as the headlight covers anyway. I suppose the only real advantage is you would scratch the protector rather than the headlight itself.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi telboy, appreciate that, but I was drawing you attention to a least 1 member had replied mentioning the "deflectors" you mentioned. As I believe the VelSatis and the Senic II and lots of other modern Renaults have Lexan headlamps with no markings on them ... so they might have been able to shed some light on the positioning of your deflectors on such headlamps.

Also not specifically mentioned by your post the type of headlamps your Scenic has, there is the info/warning from EGR that their headlamp protectors are NOT suitable for Xenon equiped cars ...

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Truckbusuk, the headlights on the scenic II are indeed plastic and the initial reason for buying them was to protect the headlamps themselves. To be honest I wasn't intending to have another trip abroad this year, but what the heck us pensioners have to do something with our time. The headlamps are clear ones with no lines on them, but the instructions that come with the eurolites dont seem to make sense or maybe my brain has had it.lol. It saysfor the megane scenic 09/2003 - 02/2006 with a note to adapt inner headlights? I cant find an email or phone number for the manufacturer to ask for help.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update....I have just googled Travel Spot Ltd and emailed them asking for help. I'll see what happens and let you know.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update from Travelspot....

Diagram 21 is the correct fitting position for your Renault.

To fit the adaptors in this position please follow these instructions.
  1. Turn on the ignition and switch the headlamps onto dipped beam.
  2. Wipe the headlight clean with a cloth (preferably using an alcohol based cleaner)
  3. Tear the 'roundel' part of the adaptor from the tail part.
  4. Peel the white backing paper off the 'roundel' part of the adaptor (from the INNER crack line not the edge )
  5. Kneel down in front of the passenger headlight.
  6. Note: Adapt Inner Headlight Only This applies to the larger headlight with the bulb shroud in the centre,next to the grill i.e. nearest to the Renault badge in the centre of the bonnet.
  7. Apply the 'roundel' part of the adaptor to the passenger side headlight as shown in diagram No. 21, i.e. the 'roundel' sits at the 10 o clock position with the edge of the adaptor just sitting on the edge of the dipped headlight bulb/shroud.
  8. Repeat this for the drivers side headlight.
If you have any further problems please do not hesitate to contact us on the number below.

Kind regards
Travelspot Sales Support.
Tel: 01767 631608

couldn't ask for more really.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts