Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more an informative post than a request for help. However I'm interested in other folks experiences.

I noticed a few weeks back that the near side headlamp washer was not working properly on my Laguna sports tourer (2002). The head would not rise properly and most of the water just ended up on the road (but not from the jets).

Took a look today and (after removing the plactic cap) discovered that the jets are mounted in a T section arm at the top of the actuator rod.
The left and right hand ends of this T section are open and are supposed to be capped with small plastic bungs.
In my case one of these was missing meaning that water poured out onto the road rather that being forced through the jets.

Nice thing was that a suitably cut end of a biro fit well enough to allow it to work again. Also this can be fixed without taking the bumper off.

Hope this may help others.

Ian

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
New headlamp washer system from Renaults £82.00 plus labour---------------------Top of old biro ?

It is amazing how much money you can save with a bit of ingenuity and know how, good post.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts