Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just about to buy a 1.5 Megane. buut have heard terror stories about changing headlight bulb on certain Meganes, involving taking wheel off, removing a panel and then feeling your way to the bulb.
Please tell me this does not apply to the 1.5 (due to the engine being smaller?? and more room in the engine bay).
Thanks,
Ian.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes bit of a nightmare, especially if you have big hands like me you can end up getting your hand stuck.

I have been told that if you remove the bumper and then the headlight its easier....

haven't tried this yet but i need to sort out my headlight

·
Administrator
13,234 Posts
I have a megane 1.9dci and if you turn the wheel so you have clear access to the panel you do not need to remove the wheel. I have changed both the headlights in my car. It is a bit tricky but it can be done! Just make sure you don't pull of the wire clip as it took me ages to get it back on!! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
The new meganes the headlight slides forward on some runners according to the manual, the only bulb that requires the bumper to be removed is the front fog and apparently the reccomend a dealer for it.

Haven't tried it personally though :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts