Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I am one of those guys with skinny enough arms to get to the bulb, the only issue is I can't seem to get the bulb out! There is a square black mount which the bulb attaches to where the wiring comes out, it appears I have to remove the black mount before the bulb will come out of the headlight assembly, I can see there is a slight turn to secure the bulb which I have done but there is not enough room to take the bulb out whilst attached to the mount - any ideas???:crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
What side are you trying to change ?

The passenger side is a tight fit and th drivers side is a nightmare :devil:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passenger side. Finally replaced the bulb, lost some skin off my hand though ( say 'hand' because that is literally all you will get down there ) What a Bl**dy joke Reanult are, last time I buy Renault, had 3 Vw's and wish I stayed German!

Did anyone see that 5th gear footage 3 years back about the Megane and the bulb change? Took Breakdown guy 1 hour with jack & tools to change bulb, Renault said it was due to the 5* NCAP safety that the front end was 'tightly packed' The VW golf received 5* NCAP too and the bulb took 53 secs to replace! :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have just had to do a 2nd bulb within a short space of time and I think once you have done one or 2 it gets alot easier and quicker once you know how, changed the battery side one in about 10 mins, little tip when putting bulb/holder back is look through the front of the headlight to guide it back as the hard part of changing these bulbs is you can't actually see much.

Also I have found this 7 bulb set from Asda has a headlight bulb (H7) and a sidelight bulb and possibly a rear light bulb, all for £5 which is cheaper than 1 headlight bulb from Halfords at £8.99.

bulbs.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts