Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone give advice or share similar eeperience.

The first time i filled up the sreen wash it appeared to be leaking from the headlight washers.

However taking a closer look it appears the water leaks from where the filler kneck joins the washer bottle. Is this normal? Maybe it is supposed to do this (almost acting as an overflow)

Not really a big problem - just wondered if anyone else out there espace or not has experienced the same thing.

Thomson

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi NS.thompson ... have a search on the forum, there is at least one thread on Espace headlamp washers, also several on Laguna washers they might be of some help.

:)

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pic of Bottle Washer Neck

Hi,

Not best quality photo, but this shows where the washer neck joins the bottle. This is where it is leaking from

Attachments

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking back at this after a couple of weeks of investigation you probably all think I'm crackers - but come on there must be plenty of you out there who have also experienced the dreaded dripping under the headlight washers.

Any way to bring you up to dat if you are interested:

The filler cap to bottle was broken (you can buy a replacement filler neck for the espace for £2 from renault !!!). However this was ony part of the problem - I sikaflexed the original one which at the moment has sealed it.

However leak still present when topping up to the brim. The leak was coming from the top of the headlight washers. On the espace they are plastic and it is where they slide up onoperation. Fidling with the washer jets e.g. pulling them up and down a few times and also adding a stronger concentration of windscreen wash seems to have cured the problem. Obviously before, the dripping stopped when the level of the reservoir went below the top part of the headlight washers where the 'piston' rises.

My conclusion is that the seals where the jets pop up and own are a bit tired and the extra viscosity of the screen wash and massaging them with my fiddlin (sorry about that) has worked - but I'm sure it will only be for a period.

I can't believe I have got so embroiled in something that is so trivial, but I do like to try and get to the bottom of a broblem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
how do you activate washers

ive just aquired a 93 espace , how do you activate headlight washers as they dont seem to operate when other washers are on? might be faulty , thanks.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
ive just aquired a 93 espace , how do you activate headlight washers as they dont seem to operate when other washers are on? might be faulty , thanks.

Hi neilcarroll, your headlights (dip or main beam) require to be switched on for the headlamp washers to work.

Hope it helps :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts