Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I have had a Megane II (2006) now for a few years without much trouble. However a very odd thing happened to me the other month.

Over the winter period one of my Xenon dipped headlight bulbs broke. As I work long hours, it took me a while to get it replaced - by which time the other one had blown. A common problem. I replaced the bulbs easily, but the new bulbs are nowhere near as bright as the old ones. For example, it is dangerous driving in non-lit areas as I can only see about 5ft of road ahead of me.

Initially I thought I had put the wrong bulbs in, so went back to the shop, asked the guys there, double checked online and even installed two new Xenon bulbs - but to no effect.

There are no warning signs on the dashboard and my fog lights and full-beam lights work fine. From looking at the car at night you wouldn't notice that they were not correct. I have also adjusted my alignment many times - but its not that.

Interestingly the front passenger window also appears to be frozen - but I think I have an answer for that from this forum and will sort that out soon.

I would be grateful for any advice. I did think about taking it to the dealer - but they said it would cost over £150 have a look at it - and wouldn't even guarantee fixing it!

Thanks again

A

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Assuming the headlights are original Xenon HID type do they move up and down doing their self-check when switched on?:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts