Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
My boss is in the process of importing an Austin Healey 3000 from America,so once the E-type is finished,guess what Lags next job is.......

I thought BMW still owned the Healey name and were intending to use it on future sports cars.....which would have been better than one made in China.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hard to know who owns what now in the shambles left behind by Rover Crazy eh.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
BMW got the one thing that they wanted and got rid of the rest!.A Mini Traveller is on it's way,as is a pick up and van apparently.

They must be laughing,especially as they might get Land Rover back for a bargain price..........

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
BMC,BL,Austin Rover, Rover - whatever they called themselves shot themselves in the foot so many times - it was amazing anything was left.

So many people hungry for power, so much in-fighting - and the cars were under-developed [email protected].

Market forces aren't always wrong.

Paul:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey , i work at land rover and it's a very very worrying time for all .
BRING BACK BMW !!! FAT CHANCE !

Jag don't make money !
Land Rover makes millions EVERY YEAR !

WHO WANTS JAG WITHOUT THE CARROT.......NO-ONE !

ANOTHER BLOW FOR INDUSTRY

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hey , i work at land rover and it's a very very worrying time for all . I can fully appreciate that.

Jag don't make money ! And with their olde world styling, and out of touch product range, probably never will - there just isn't that many fifty-plus buyers who wouldn't choose German.
Land Rover makes millions EVERY YEAR ! Yes, but its only with the launch of the current Discovery and Freelander that the products aren't at the bottom end of the warranty/customer satisfaction tables.

WHO WANTS JAG WITHOUT THE CARROT.......NO-ONE ! Mercedes Benz springs to mind, since they have seperated from Chrysler/Jeep. But they would probably want both companies.

ANOTHER BLOW FOR INDUSTRY
As industry/commerce becomes more globalised, market forces/exchange rates take more importance. Its becoming more apparent that there will be three types of automotive company; The large global conglomerate; The added-value niche player; and partnerships between the first two.
At the end of the day, its the industrial equivalent of survival of the fittest - and nature can be pretty cruel at times.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts