Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new owner of a Laguna Mk2 2ltrDCI sports tourer, for a few weeks now :grin2:

I noticed last week when it was frosty in the morning I turned on the rear screen demister, after a while i noticed that it didn't seem to be working, as you usually see a visual thawing of the frost.

I have read a few threads on here about listening to a clicking sound of the relay, I tried this out and no clicking, I then proceeded to check the fuse on the drivers side position 7 (right hand column of the fuse board) checked it with a test light and was ok.

Would be grateful if someone can point out to me where the relay is situated in the car please.

TIA :smile2:

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,320 Posts
There may not be a relay.
The multiplex module could be doing that job.
See if power is getting to the supply side of the screen and see if there is continuity from the earth side of the screen to a good body earth.
It may be that either the supply or earth, or both, wires have developed a crack at the harness entry point to the shell of the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There may not be a relay.
The multiplex module could be doing that job.
See if power is getting to the supply side of the screen and see if there is continuity from the earth side of the screen to a good body earth.
It may be that either the supply or earth, or both, wires have developed a crack at the harness entry point to the shell of the car.
Thank you for the prompt reply Brendan, I will check at the screen for voltage and earth continuity.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,588 Posts
Brake lights working , If yes then not the fuse, as this feeds the relay..
Relay is situated on the back of the fuse box you tested today..
Next to the two vertical multiplugs , at the lower end, not the relay the other side of these plugs that fits in the centre

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys have checked the three wire connections found in the rear boot lid, have good continuity to earth on the brown. Have checked the other two for live 12volts no live readings there on either side of the plug ***x1f61e;
Where to next?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Hi guys have checked the three wire connections found in the rear boot lid, have good continuity to earth on the brown. Have checked the other two for live 12volts no live readings there on either side of the plug ***x1f61e;
Where to next?
broken wires in rubber boot between tailgate and hatch - common on most cars....

Reactions: Brendan W

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,320 Posts
That would be next for me as well. Done one last month.
Generally the breaks are obvious, the odd time it can look ok outside but the core has parted. If one has gone, others are not far behind.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,588 Posts
These are the thicker wires yes,
Yours got a split tailgate?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
The heated rear screen in My Laguna 2 tourer did not work when I bought it (a few years ago now)

IIRC I found there was a white plastic connector with maybe 10 or so wires under the carpet panels near the passenger side rear wheel arch. One or two of the connectors in the block had melted so I spiced in some wire to bypass the connector and all was good again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts