Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Since winter is almost here and will need to fix the heater:rolleyes:

@ours2012 @Nottnoc with dishwasher tablets- do you just put the tablets in coolant tank and let it dissovle?
@notsofast how long did you leave the central heating cleaner in there?
I would simply follow the instructions. Usually dilute the stuff per instructions. Run it up to temperature, leave overnight then run again for 10 minutes then drain and flush with clean water before refilling with coolant.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Disconnect both hoses leading to the heater matrix. Attach hose pipe to either hose and flush it out (don't use much pressure). Afterwards, back flush it. Should see a steady flow during the flush.

If not, build the system up, fill it with water and coolant system cleaner. bleed the system, ensure no air is trapped. Refer to product instructions for cleaning.

Drain, flush well, build and fill with water only, bleed and retest heater. Ensure no air is in the system or the heater may run cold.

If all is well, drain and replace with correct coolant. I like to do a final flush with distilled water, then blow all water remains out of the system before filling up with coolant.

Don't forget, during this whole process, watch the engine temperature like a hawk!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Evening, the gremlins are back! Recently the car slightly broke down when my wife was driving it as it had ejected all its coolant! Garage tested head gasket and found no issues so finally flushed system and replaced the thermostat. Since then all has been well but now it’s gone cold again the heater issue is back. I’ve just been out for about 45 minutes m, temp gauge normal but absolutely no heat from the vents, stone cold! Do they have a heater control valve fitted that may be stuck?

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Evening, the gremlins are back! Recently the car slightly broke down when my wife was driving it as it had ejected all its coolant! Garage tested head gasket and found no issues so finally flushed system and replaced the thermostat. Since then all has been well but now it’s gone cold again the heater issue is back. I’ve just been out for about 45 minutes m, temp gauge normal but absolutely no heat from the vents, stone cold! Do they have a heater control valve fitted that may be stuck?
IIRC, Scenic vehicles do use a heater control valve or a heater control motor. It would be a good shout to check it and replace if needed.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,564 Posts
Have you checked coolant level ???

21 - 27 of 27 Posts